Range Martial Arts
The summer is quickly coming to a close. We are getting ready for school to start across the Iron Range again. Please be careful as you either go to and from school or are driving near schools or school busses. Keep your focus keen in either case!
- August 25 the Annual All-sites RMA Picnic will be held in Mr. Fagerstrom’s yard from 4:00-6:00 p.m. if you would like to bring something to share, please check with one of your instructors. There will be water balloons, a bounce house and other activities to participate in.
- The featured set of exercises for the Chisholm Kigong classes will be Tae Kuk 1-18. Come join us. Check the website for classes in Palo at the Loon Lake Community Center and classes in Ollcott Park in Virginia, too.
- September 13 TT and LD classes will be held at the usual time but we will be at the Museum of Mining for the Kiwanis Kids Day.
- September 15 Mr. Blum will be here to share some of his vast TSD knowledge with us. He is a 5th degree black belt from southern Iowa. Details and registration can be found at https://rmaeast.com/events/tang-soo-do-sabumnim-greg-blum
- September 18 will be the next Tiny Tiger, Little Dragon and Gup Test. You will know in the next week or so if you’re summer attendance makes you eligible to test. If your instructor does not contact you, please ask what your attendance status is. Then in the first week or so of September, your physical eligibilities will be checked.
- The end of September the Chisholm Chamber of Commerce and the Kiwanis will be hosting a fitness event for all ages. Watch local notices for further details.
- October 5 and 6 will be the Fall Region 3 Event in Omaha. It promises to be an event full of learning and fun!
- The Chisholm site will be holding a 4-week introductory class during normal class times for anyone who wants to dabble in TSD to find out if they want to commit to classes. This introductory class will be through Chisholm Community Education.
Range Martial Arts East
Summer session is over, and our fall session has begun! All students are back to traditional uniforms and starting to learn and work on new material! We have a new challenge form for weeks 2, 6, and 10 of the cycle, so be sure to be there for that extra fun. Thank you to all that came out to Chisholm to participate in the parade at the beginning of August!
As always, our special school events include all RMA students from our Virginia location as well as the Chisholm location! If you have questions, contact Mr. K.
- Aug 20 - Sep 15: Back to School specials! Special trial sessions few new members, quicker turn-around for referral rewards - bring your friends in for fun! More information can be found on our website.
- Aug 25: RMA Annual Picnic will be held 4:00pm - 6:00pm in Chisholm. Just find the corner of 10th Avenue and 12th Street Northwest, and you will see where it is! Bounce houses, games, food, and great people!
- Sep 1: End of Summer Break-a-thon! RMA East will be having a breaking event fundraiser based on pledges that students will collect. Pledge were turned in and the boards are here! The event will be held from 10am - Noon. Make Mr. K break up to four bricks with donations collected during the event!
- Sep 15: TSD Sabumnim Greg Blum will be coming for a day of training! He's traveling up to see us all the way from Cedar Rapids, IA, so come help us feel welcome! You can find more details about his visit as well as get registered on the RMA East event page.
- Oct 5-6: The next WTSDA Region 3 event is being hosted by Omaha Tang Soo Do! Learning sessions and a NERF war during lunch! Information can be found online at https://wtsda-region3.com/events/2018-fall-clinic
- Nov 1: TSD Intent to test forms are due by the end of classes! All past tuition and testing fees must be paid when forms are turned in unless other arrangements had been made prior. If forms are not turned in by then, you will not be testing. Once you've turned in your form, you've committed to a goal of AWESOME by test time - work hard and crush it!
- Nov 3-4: HG seminar with Midwest Haidong Gumdo. If you plannong to attend and are not registered yet, do it today!
- Nov 12: TSD testing begins. Because Thanksgiving is in the middle of it all, there will be a make up/fun week Nov 26 & 29!
- Nov 21: HG color belt test.
- Dec 1: Fall session belt graduation ceremony! 10am
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact the following instructors with your feedback! Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do.
Range Martial Arts
Range Martial Arts East
218.262.9870 (voicemail, text)