@rmaeast @rma #tangsoo Good luck to all our TSD competitors from both locations that are traveling to Waverly, IA for the WTSDA Region #3 Championships this weekend!
@rmaeast @rma #tangsoo We have been contacted with opportunities to help give back to the communities of the Iron Range. Habitat for Humanity will be building homes in West Eveleth this summer. If you are interested in helping out, contact Mr. K so we can see if a build day or a paint day is something that can be arranged.
- May: Kigong in Chisholm will feature the Eight Pieces of Brocade. @rma #kigong
- May: INTENSITY sessions are happening up to testing week! Alternating Monday & Wednesday at 5:30 for seven weeks starting March 27th! Approx 30 minutes of moving, sweating, and brain strain! Anyone that wants a great workout should attend, red and blue belts should consider attending as well! @rmaeast #tangsoo
- May 1: Intent to test forms are due by end of class. @rmaeast #tangsoo
- May 4: Midwest HG event will be held in the twin cities area. Details have been posted on hdgd-midwest.us and registration is now open! @rma @rmaeast #haidong
- May 9: “Moms on the Mat”. Moms are encouraged to join us in classes in honor of Mother’s Day. @rma @rmaeast #tangsoo #dragons #tigers
- May 13: Chisholm Community Education sponsored Self Defense for Mom/Child. 5:30-6:30pm. @rma
- May 13: Kick-a-Thon pledge sheets due. (See below for details.) @rmaeast #tangsoo
- May 13: Tang Soo Do color Belt testing begins. @rmaeast #tangsoo
- May 14: Tang Soo Do color Belt testing begins. @rma #tangsoo
- May 15: TSD testing will be cut 30 minutes short to allow for a 1-hour Kick-a-Thon event to raise funds for Mission 21. They are a Minnesota organization that connects youth survivors of human trafficking have supportive adults and peers in their life to help them through life after “the life.” @rmaeast #tangsoo
- May 16: During each class until the pledges are fulfilled @rma, we work as a team. If a child brings in pledges for 4,000 kicks, for example, we add their kicks to the total. If we should get pledges for a total of 10,000 kicks (that would be totally cool!) and we run out of time that night, we will finish them the following class time. @rma #tangsoo
- May 16: T-shirt order forms are due by end of class. This is for the 30th anniversary/summer season shirts. They will be allowed in classes at both locations, and will be used for all of our summertime demonstration events unless specifically told otherwise. @rma @rmaeast #tangsoo #dragons #tigers
- May 16: Board Break Pledge forms and money are due! Get these to your instructor so that boards for the breaking event during our 30 year celebration can be here in time! @rma @rmaeast #tangsoo #dragons #tigers
- May 20: Haidong Gumdo color belt testing night! Note that this is a Monday instead of the usual Wednesday for testing - still being held in Virginia. @rma @rmaeast #haidong
- May 25: Color Belt Graduation, 10:30 am for Tang Soo Do and Tiny Tiger students. @rmaeast #tangsoo #tigers
Looking further ahead, we have a number of regional and special events with their dates announced!
- Jun 22: Range Martial Arts 30 Year Anniversary Celebration! Everyone is encouraged to participate in a demonstration at the Chisholm location. If you would like to do something special or help out with planning, contact Mrs. Wickstrom or Mr. Koivisto. More details will be posted on our website and Facebook as they are confirmed. @rma @rmaeast #tangsoo #kigong #haidong
- Jul 26-28: WTSDA Region #3 Black Belt Camp held at Camp Ewalu in Strawberry Point, IA. Red belt (2nd gup) and above are eligible to attend! More details will be posted on the wtsda-region3.com website as they are confirmed. @rma @rmaeast #tangsoo
- Aug 10: Cutting on the Range 2019! This is our 5th annual haidong gumdo program event. Save the date now - more details will be announced in the June newsletter. @rma @rmaeast #haidong
- Oct 18-20: WTSDA Midwest Extravaganza. This is our joint-effort regional championship with WTSDA Region #3 and WTSDA Region #5 participating. Come join around 500 competitors and many masters for a fun weekend and a great learning experience. This is happening over MEA weekend at Chula Vista in Wisconsin Dells. Transportation may be available, ask Mrs. Wickstrom or Mr. Koivisto! @rma @rmaeast #tangsoo
@rmaeast students and parents don't forget to get into the appropriate BAND for the program(s) you are part of. It is a great way to stay in touch with students and instructors, know important dates, and even share pictures from class and events. It is also the quickest way to find out if classes have been canceled due to bad weather or road conditions! Tang Soo Do · Haidong Gumdo
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact the following instructors with your feedback! Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do.
Range Martial Arts
Range Martial Arts East
218.262.9870 (voicemail, text)