Range Martial Arts
The school year is now behind most of us. I hope you finished with a great report so you can hit next fall head on and be great next year, too! The weather seems to agree that summer is soon here. Please keep Tang Soo Do, Haidong Gumdo and/or Kigong in your summer plans. Summer is a good time to invite friends and family to try classes at Range Martial Arts or Range Martial Arts East.
- The featured set of exercises for the month of June in Kigong classes at the Chisholm site is “Twelve Points Striking”. Classes are Tuesdays 9:00-10:00 a.m. and Saturdays 8:30-9:30 a.m. Ask about summer classes in Palo and Olcott Park, as well!
- June 14 Dads are invited to join us on the mats in honor of Father’s Day! Dads, the Moms did a great job—just sayin’.
- June 16 is the “Land of the Loon” parade and Olcott Park demonstration. More information will follow. (Check the East information below to see if they add more information.)
- June 19 is the Tiny Tiger, Little Dragon, and Gup Test in Chisholm. If Mrs. Wickstrom doesn’t talk to you about testing, please talk to her. She tries to get to everyone, but communication can go both ways. It is helpful and she thanks you for communicating with her about your testing questions.
- July 13-15 Mr. Fagerstrom, Mrs. Wickstrom, and Mrs. Fagerstrom will be attending the WTSDA World Championship in Greensboro, NC.
- August 25 is the Range Martial Arts/Range Martial Arts East Summer Picnic at Mr. Fagerstrom’s home. The exact times will be announced.
Range Martial Arts East
Summer session is underway! Summer "uniforms" will be ordered soon! Challenge Weeks and Intent to Test announcement went out on May 21. If you didn't see it, log into kicksite and read it there.
We'd like to give everyone a friendly reminder that the water and juice in the refrigerator is available for students with a small donation. These items will only be available as long as the donations are able to pay to keep them stocked. During the last couple months, the water and juice has gone at a quicker rate than usual, but very little was added to the funds to supply it. The suggested prices are 25 cents for the small water bottles (10oz), 50 cents for the large bottles (20oz), and $1 for juice. Students may bring their own water to keep by their bags for breaks.
- May 14 - June 11: In honor of mother's day, the mothers of students and new sign-ups train for FREE during the month. Mothers already signed up for class with their children will have a month credited to their current membership. Mothers of current students will have their chance to get on the mat and try out classes!
- May 21, Jun 18, Jul 16: Challenge weeks for summer cycle!
- May 24: Summer session school shirt order and payment is due by the end of class on Thursday! These shirts will be the only acceptable alternative to the traditional uniform top for Tang Soo Do students during summer session. Order forms are available in class or by request.
- May 28: Memorial Day! There are no Tang Soo Do or Haidong Gumdo classes on this day.
- Jun 2: By request of the students, we will be holding another NERF event! Last time there were whispers (or yells) for an Adult vs Youth competition, are you willing to participate and make this happen? Information and registration on our website:
- Jun 4: Haidong Gumdo shirt orders and payment are due.
- Jun 11 - Jul 19: Intent to test forms will be collected. If you want to test for your next rank in August, forms and fees need to be in. If you have questions, refer to your Kicksite account or contact Mr. Koivisto.
- Jun 16: Land of the Loon Festival Parade begins at 9:00 A.M. We are also looking into demonstrations in the park! If you are interested in participating, contact an instructor!
- Jun 18 - Jul 18: In honor of father's day, the fathers of students and new sign-ups train for FREE during the month. Fathers already signed up for class with their children will have a month credited to their current membership. Fathers of current students will have their chance to get on the mat and try out classes!
- Jul 13-14: 2018 WTSDA World Championship will be held at the Greensboro Coliseum in Greensboro, North Carolina. This is a tang soo do only world competition.
- Jul 27-29: 2018 PanAm Mulimpia will be held at the J.W. Marriott in Las Vegas, Nevada. This is a haidong gumdo, tang soo do, taekwondo world competition.
- Aug 11: Cutting on the Range 2018. Our 4th annual Haidong Gumdo school event. Volunteers to help harvest, clean up, set up, etc. are appreciated! Online registration is available now!
- Aug 25: Annual RMA School picnic in Chisholm
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact the following instructors with your feedback! Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do.
Range Martial Arts
Range Martial Arts East
218.262.9870 (voicemail, text)