As you all know, we are faced with a difficult time for our locations. Having our doors forced closed by an executive order by the Minnesota governor has made an impact on us all. Please continue to work on your self-discipline and schedule yourself a time for practicing your martial arts. I have found that utilizing our regular class schedule for personal practice has been helpful in managing the stress we all have been put under. Both of our locations will remained closed until we are allowed to open our doors again.
“Karate is like boiling water: without heat, it returns to it's tepid state” -Gichin Funakoshi
As usual, we like to remind students to be sure that they are watching for announcements in band, facebook, our website, and in their email.
- Mrs. Wickstrom has contacted the RMA Chisholm students. If you have not received an email from her through your kicksite account, please email her at firstname.lastname@example.org. Keep up with your forms, one-steps, and stretches. You can go to your kicksite account and the Library tab at the top of the page will allow you to see material for your rank. @rma #tangsoo #tigers #dragons
- Kigong for April: You are encouraged to join John Robertson on Zoom at 9:00 a.m. on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and at 11:00 a.m. on Tuesdays and Thursdays. He also releases them a bit later in the day on his YouTube channel it you cannot join him live at those times. Contact Ramona if you have questions or troubles finding his classes. @rma #tangsoo #tigers #dragons
- While we are not able to hold in-person classes, some of us have not stopped our training! Mr. Koivisto and Mr. Tindal have been doing lessons and other sessions online using Google Meet, Skype, Zoom, etc. @rmaeast #tangsoo #haidong
- Mr. K has been offering FREE private lessons to our students online! If you'd like to schedule a private lesson, check the availability calendar at the bottom of his profile page. @rmaeast #tangsoo #haidong
- At home training challenges are live! Earn points to win stuff through April 26! More information on our webiste. @rmaeast #tangsoo #haidong
- When we get back to the dojang, we do not expect any big changes to our class schedules with the exception of start dates, testing dates, and promotion dates for our curriculum seasons. Seasons will have their dates adjusted appropriately to the number of weeks (or more) that we didn't hold classes in person. Tuition deadlines will also be pushed the same number of weeks for active students. We want to be sure that students have the proper number of classes with instructors and hopefully be able to keep our normal learning schedule. @rmaeast #tangsoo #haidong
Looking further ahead:
- Apr 24-26: The WTSDA Region #3 Spring Championship in Rochester, MN has been canceled. @rma @rmaeast #tangsoo #dragons #tigers
- May 15-17: Home on the Range 2020 with John Robertson, has been canceled. @rma @rmaeast #kigong
- July 17-18: World Tang Soo Do Championships in Greensboro, North Carolina has been canceled @rma @rmaeast #tangsoo #kigong
- Oct 16-18: The 2020 Fall WTSDA Region 3 event will be held in Chisholm, MN. More details will be announced as they are available. Anyone that would like to volunteer to help make this a great event should contact Mr. Koivisto. @rma @rmaeast #tangsoo
@rmaeast students and parents: Don't forget to get into the appropriate BAND for the program(s) you are part of. It is a great way to stay in touch with students and instructors, know important dates, and even share pictures from class and events. It is also the quickest way to find out if classes have been canceled due to bad weather or road conditions! If you are having trouble getting in, talk with an instructor.
Tang Soo Do · Haidong Gumdo
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact the following instructors with your feedback! Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do.
Range Martial Arts
Range Martial Arts East
218.262.9870 (voicemail, text)