Range Martial Arts
Happy Spring! Communication is a key component of passing information on to the parents and guardians of our students, as well as to our older students. This last test session had a few communication glitches and I hope to get those glitches ironed out. Please help us communicate better by asking questions and communicating with each other. Every few months our student body changes and the communication method needs to change with that body. I will try to get better at recognizing those changes. (Ramona)
- The March test was a really good test for the students at RMA Chisholm. They all upped their TSD a couple of notches to be successful. Overcoming those test nerves prepares our students for overcoming nerves in other areas of their lives and for their future black belt tests!
- Our Academic Rewards Program has been re-established. Bring in your report card with an A average for the quarter and receive 30% off anything you order from the Century catalog. Bring in your report card with a B average for the quarter and receive 15% off anything you order from the Century catalog.
- We are continuing our Chisholm Community Ed-Sponsored Campaign with a 4-week class for the public to come and try Tang Soo Do. Mrs. Fagerstrom has done a wonderful job at putting this campaign together to help promote our school! We will welcome these students beginning March 27th.
- The featured Kigong set of exercises for April will be the Eight Pieces of Brocade. Remember, there will be no Kigong class on March 27.
- RMA East is hosting Master Robert Frankovich of Pine Tree Taekwondo for a sparring seminar. Students from other local schools have also been invited. rmaeast.com has registration already available! Students should bring their sparring gear as it will help them for conditioning. Last day for registration is Monday March 26th. You can register online or ask an instructor.
- WTSDA Region 3 Spring Championship is in Spring Valley, MN April 20-21, 2018. Early bird registration ends March 31st, final registration deadline is April 7th. This is a great way to meet other people who enjoy what you enjoy. You make lasting friendships when you compete against your fellow WTSDA Brothers and Sisters. More information can be found on the Region 3 event page: wtsda-region3.com/events/2018-region-3-spring-championships It is not clear what some of the charges are so this is what Mr. Grothe shared with me. The basic cost of competing (unless you are way young—it’s less, or competing in the specialty divisions—$10 more) is $45. The t-shirt is $18. I believe the rest of the costs are listed as you register. If you have questions or difficulties registering, let an instructor know or call the number listed and talk with Mr. Grothe.
- Due to the Region 3 Championship, there are no classes at RMA Chisholm April 21.
Range Martial Arts East
With April fast-approaching, we have a few events that we will be promoting. Even with our monthly newsletter posted on our website, facebook, and through Kicksite email, we still had some students and parents that were unaware of previous announcements. To help with keeping everyone up to date as much as we can, we now have a whiteboard with announcements in the front window of the school. Also remember that our website calendar is kept up-to-date with events and important dates. As always, feel free to message us or talk to us at the dojang if you need clarifications or have questions.
- April 7 - RMA East is hosting Master Robert Frankovich of Pine Tree Taekwondo for a sparring seminar. Students from other local schools have also been invited. We're hoping to have an even larger turn-out this year! Last year we had around 30 participants. rmaeast.com has registration available! Students should bring their sparring gear as it will help them for conditioning. Last day for registration is Monday March 26th. You can register online or at the school.
- April 7 - RMA East is hosting Chief Master Robert Frankovich of White Tiger Martial Arts and Midwest Haidong Gumdo for a student seminar. If you're curious about the art and want to give it a try, this would be a great opportunity! Last year we had around 25 participants. rmaeast.com has registration available! Last day for registration is Monday March 26th. You can register online or at the school.
- April 20-22: WTSDA Region 3 Spring Championship in Spring Valley! Early bird registration ends March 31st, final registration deadline is April 7th. We encourage all to participate as it helps students practice under pressure in front of people they don't know, spend time together outside of classes, and to meet new people that are also interested in martial arts. More information can be found on the Region 3 event page: wtsda-region3.com/events/2018-region-3-spring-championships
- April 21: There will be no TSD class at RMA East on this day because of the event we will be attending.
- April 30: Our curriculum cycle ends, and the first week of reviews and testing begins! Over the weeks of April 30 and and May 7, students will be tested on the material that has been covered over the previous 12 weeks. Participation in review weeks are mandatory to be considered for rank promotions. Students will be evaluated during those weeks and performance will be compared with performance in class and attendance during the previous weeks to come up with a final score.
- May 14 - June 11: In honor of Mother's Day, mothers train free for one month! Mothers already participating in class will have a month credited to their current membership. Mothers of current students will have their chance to get on the mat and try out classes! In addition, mothers from the community that bring their children to try out classes also can train free!
- May 12: Rank graduation ceremony with student demonstrations and rank promotions. This is your chance to bring in family members and friends to watch you perform some of your martial arts, take pictures with your classmates and instructors, and be awarded your belt from the previous weeks of testing.
- May 14: Begins our next season! This is the perfect time to have friends come try class with you.
Do you like what we do? Are we providing a positive experience? Do you have questions, suggestions, or would like to offer help? If so, let us know! Contact the following instructors with your feedback! Criticism is just as important as praise as it helps us evaluate everything that we do.
Range Martial Arts
Range Martial Arts East
218.262.9870 (voicemail, text)